The Tampa Bay Defense Alliance (TBDA or The Alliance) identified four important audience segments that we serve on an ongoing basis. While many of our efforts apply to all of our audience segments, each individual segment has their own specific needs and to that end, require specific services and efforts to be expended on their behalf as part of our Mission: To Champion the Defense Community.
What does the TBDA do to serve our defense contractors?
The TBDA leadership consists of a number of retired General / Senior Officers and Enlisted members that sit on our Board of Directors and Advisors or representing our Community Partners. While they are uniquely qualified to speak to the needs of our active and retired military and their families, they are also qualified to speak on behalf of the defense community after spending their careers interacting with the companies that have supported them and their missions over the years. Our Leadership is also comprised of senior community leaders who work in the defense community or directly support the defense community. Their participation with the TBDA insures that defense contractors have a voice that is heard and understood by the Alliance.
Their presence insures that the TBDA keeps our defense community “top of mind” by focusing on initiatives that include but are not limited to:
- Promote and grow the region’s military missions and installations;
- Provide support and incentives for the national defense community to remain or relocate in the eight county area;
- Encourage increased defense business relocation through tax and other state incentives;
- Create greater awareness of our eight counties’ military-friendly environment including support for defense contractors;
- To improve the state’s military friendly environment for service members, military dependents, military retirees and businesses who bring military and base-related jobs to the state;
- To support the state’s position in research and development related to or arising out of military missions and contracting;
- Showcase Tampa Bay and its culture to our Coalition Partners serving at US Central Command; and
- Increase mutually beneficial economic development opportunities for the State of Florida, the Tampa Bay Region and MacDill Air Force Base.
Over the next few months we will offer services on and/or through the TBDA website including but not limited to:
- We will have the only KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT website focused on the regional defense community and its issues of concern and interest;
- We will provide a central “clearinghouse” of defense industry news;
- We will interface with the MacDill website;
- We will offer downloads of white papers and industry data;
- We will provide key links to knowledge and data about the military, the defense industry and the region;
- We expect to be used as a member/sponsor portal to all content that is defense oriented;
- We will offer discounts from TBDA members to military, individual members and/or employees of other members as they become available;
- We will offer partnership marketing offers for military, individual members and/or employees of other members as they become available;
- We will provide a forum for those with defense community concerns; and
- We will maintain and publish calendar of industry, regional, local and TBDA events with any defense or military connection.
We hope you will visit our website on a daily basis for news and updates that affect you and your companies and we encourage your observations and feedback about how we can be of better service to you.
Contact us with your comments.