The Tampa Bay Defense Alliance applies for and obtains grants from Enterprise Florida and/or the Florida Defense Support Task Force.
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is a public-private partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. EFI’s mission is to expand and diversify the state’s economy through job creation. In pursuit of its mission, EFI works closely with a statewide network of economic development partners and is funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.
The Florida Defense Support Task Force is a legislatively-mandated council (created by Florida Statutes 288.987) whose mission is to preserve, protect, and enhance Florida’s military missions and installations.
THE FLORIDA DEFENSE SUPPORT TASK FORCE IS CHARGED WITH:
- Working with Florida’s Base Commanders to prevent encroachment from impacting mission capabilities for military forces based in Florida.
- Maintaining and expanding the missions of Florida military installations.
- Improving transportation access to Florida’s military installations.
- Assisting installations in meeting DOD renewable energy goals.
- Strengthening state support for military families and veterans with a focus on education, health care, employment, and family programs.
Grants are sometimes identified as DRG (Defense Reinvestment Grants) or DIG (Defense Infrastructure Grants).
The TBDA sometimes applies for grants in collaboration and cooperation with our Community Partners:
- The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- The Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation
- The Tampa Bay Partnership
- The Pinellas County Economic Development Council
You can read our grant application for: Florida Defense Support Task Force Grant DTF 14-08- MacDill AirForce Base, Securing Our Future by downloading the PDF to the right.