Brig. Gen. Chip Diehl retired from the Air Force in 2005 after over 30 years of service to his nation.
Most recently, General Diehl served as Deputy Director of Engagement, Plans and Policy Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. As Deputy Director, General Diehl was responsible for building and maintaining military-to-military bilateral relationships with 22 countries in the command’s area of responsibility. Additionally, he was responsible for the guidance and sustainment of more than 70 Coalition nations supporting the United States in fighting the global war on terrorism.
General Diehl received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1975. A command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours in the C-130, KC-135 and C-141, he commanded the 6th Air Mobility Wing at MacDill AFB, and the 62nd Airlift Wing at McChord AFB, Washington.
Early in his career, he served as the operations and staff officer for Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, the Joint Staff and Air Staff. General Diehl also served as the Air Force Director of Marketing, Chief of the Mobility Forces Division, and as Executive Officer to the Air Force Vice Chief of Staff.
Currently, General Diehl is Managing Director, Diehl & Associates – an International, Military Consulting Limited Liability Company in Florida.
- 1975 Bachelor of science degree in math, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 1982 Master of science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
- 1991 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 1999 Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, Baltimore, Md.
- 2000 National and International Security Management Course, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
- Member, Florida Defense Support Task Force – Speaker of House Appointment, 2012-Present
- Vice Chairman – Florida Council on Military Bases and Mission Support, 2010-2012
- Board of Directors – Tampa Bay Defense Alliance, 2012 – Present
- Board of Directors – SunTrust Bank, Tampa, 2013 – Present
- Board of Directors – INTERCOM Federal and Consulting Systems – Washington DC
- Board of Directors – Africa-USA Education Foundation – Tampa
- Senior Military Advisor – Gemini Aircraft, The Carlyle Group – Washington DC, 2005-2007
- Air Force Academy Association of Graduates
- Committee on Foreign Relations – Tampa Bay
- Life Member – US Air Force Association
- Life Member – Order of Daedalians (An International Pilot Fraternal Order)